Performance & Music
· Level 2 & 3 performance students acted as front of house and backstage technical support for the little stars Nursery Navity performance – Valuable work experience for students
· Reception Opening – Flash mob performance with the combat breakers as part of the celebrations was a huge success and great experience for students.
· Level 1 & 2 students performed to staff and students at a special Christmas performance. Level 1 students performed individual pieces whereas the level 2 students performed as a group.
· 6 students from the department were commissioned by the Herbert Art Gallery to perform as actors in a promotional video for a ‘Talent Match scheme’ headed up by the Gallery. This was real work and students gained valuable employability skills. Students were: Hamish McCauley, Bethany Kavanagh, Alex Sutton, Peter Shipway, Scott Griffiths and Adam Bird.
· Scott Griffiths and Amanda Foskett have successfully negotiated interviews to gain work placements at Bagington fields School working as Classroom assistants.
· A new Media Lecturer (Pam Robinson) has been employed and will start work in the New Year.
· Students benefitted from an excellent trip to BBC Coventry and Warwickshire radio and gained a valuable insight into a variety of employment opportunities.
· Students from the department have produced a variety of images that will be judged by the SLT for the 2013 E & D calendar. Once the 12 images are selected the calendar will be produced by Level 2& 3 Graphics students.
· Entry level 3 students visited the Belgrade theatre to observe the Christmas Pantomime Sleeping Beauty. The students will be performing their own version of the pantomime in February.